Business-oriented individual with i analytical skills and a solid .NET technical foundation seeking to join anexciting and innovative consulting firm specializing in Microsoft technologies. Steven is a business-oriented individual with strong analytical skills and solid technical foundation. Steven has worked with world renown US based and international corporations for nearly 10 years in consulting, development, architecture, operations, sales, and business solutions roles. Steven is also fluent in English, Spanish, and has conversational fluency in Portuguese.
Business Solutions, .NET Application/Development/Business Architecture, Technical Sales
Programming Languages and Technologies
- .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 & 4.0 in VB & C#
- Worked with Generics, Delegates, Lambda Expressions, Anonymous Methods, Linq, and many more object oriented techniques.
- Worked with and have a solid understanding of most frameworks in the industry: ASP.NET MVC 1, 2 & 3, WebformsMVP, Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection, Smart Client Software Factory and the Repository Model within a Unit of Work.
- SQL, T-SQL, CLR Stored Procedures, Function and Triggers
- XML, SOAP, Web Services, XML RPC, JSON RPC
- Ant, MSBuild & NAnt
- Test Driven Development, NUnit, MS Test
- Windows Services & Windows Forms
Server and Applications
- MS Visual Studio .NET 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010
- MS Server 2000, 2003, 2008
- MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 & 2008
- SharePoint Server 2007
- IIS 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.5
- Source Control Management Tool: Subversion & Mercurial
- Continuous Integration Servers: TeamCity
- DotNetNuke 1.x - 5.x
Open Source Projects
- Linq 2 BBYOpen (Coordinator): http://linqtobbyopen.codeplex.com/.
- .NET WCF Client for 37signals services (Coordinator): http://dotnet37signals.codeplex.com/.
Spoken Language Skills
- English and Spanish: native fluency - reading, writing and speaking
- Portuguese (Portuñol mixed with Spanish): conversational fluency - reading and speaking.
Senior Business Architect for ista North America, Alpharetta, GA (March 2011 till Present)
- Currently, working in the sales department designing low cost, high reward solutions for sales opportunities and building the internal business cases for board approval. The opportunities range up to Multi-Year, Multi-Million dollar deals.
- Lead a low cost conversion/migration initiative which was delivered on time and with much client satisfaction.
- Product Manager for ista’s Smart Meter Prepaid Utility Billing system.
Senior .NET Consultant for BravePoint, Inc. Norcross, GA (May 2006 - March 2011)
lient: US Motivation (November 2009 - current), Position: Solutions Architect
- Architected and implemented a new Utility Computing solution for the client’s production system. The new solution’s network, files and data will be isolated and secure. All exposures to the open internet are behind a firewall Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Implemented processes and procedures for the IT group (for software deployments and maintenance) and the business (in accessing the data from production).
- Implemented development processes to solidify the product in both architecture and functionality. Implemented Continuous Integration (TeamCity), sudo-Test Driven Development (TDD) and Industry Standard for Source Code branches and releases.
- Re-Architected, Re-Designed and Stabilized the current application by adding a multi-tier framework, which includes and MVP layer (WebformsMVP), a new business/service layer, a new repository abstraction layer, and a data access layer using an ORM (Entity Framework 4), all brought together with a IoC/DI tool (StructureMap).
- Performed a detailed code review for their current full service incentive management application.
Client: Buckhead Life Restaurant Group (October 2009 till December 2009), Position: Architect and Developer
https://secure.buckheadrestaurants.com/ (right click and view source to see signature)
- Architected, designed and developed a dining card shopping cart website for the client. The application was written in the ASP.NET MVC framework using Services as the Business Layer, SubSonic as the Data Access, and StructureMap for the IoC Container and Dependency Injection tool. jQuery was used to make the Ajax callback and simple manipulations of the screen.
- Interfaced with Authorize.NET for processing and storing profile information using CIM (Customer Information Manager). Also interfaced with the Aloha POS for depositing the amounts purchased on the site to the customers new or existing dining cards.
Client: KingRealty, Inc. (July 2009), Position: Architect and Developer
- Designed and created an ASP.NET Control and HttpControl to OpenOffice Document DOM conversion tool. The controls and their styles were mapped to AODL (An Open Document Library) controls. A manager was created to iterate through the controls and generate an OpenOffice Document.
- Created extension methods so that all controls and httpControls would have the capabilities to be exported as OpenOffice Documents.
Client: BravePoint (internal) (March 2009 till September 2009), Position: Developer
- Was brought in after development started 6 months prior. Was tasked to create an MVC pattern from the SmartClient framework. Productivity has since improved drastically with the standards put in place. Currently there are 5-7 developers on the team (both server and UI).
- Created a mechanism for the reports to be generated using Business Intellegence Reporting Tool (BIRT).
- Developed a self documenting front end to the RPC Engine using ExtJS. The UI documentation feature set are similar to that of Microsoft Web Services or WCF, which include: viewing the request and response packet, and making an actual call to the RPC Engine.
Client: Professional Computer Systems (PCS) (September 2008 till February 2009), Position: Consultant and Developer
- Created a .NET user interface for a character legacy application written in OpenEdge. The UI consisted of a custom generic wizard framework and proxies to the OpenEdge Application Server.
- Created a custom provider implementation using the Unity framework and allowed from multiple database transactions to be performed using a custom Atomic Transaction abstraction layer.
Client: Neptune (September 2007 till March 2008), Position: Architect and Developer
- Redesigned and implemented a new order scheduling application for a leading provider of utility automation systems. Using CLR triggers we were able to automate the orders being placed in the sales application with this scheduling tool.
Client: SCM Group (June 2007 till Present), Position: Architect and Developer
- Upgraded and extended an existing ecommerce site written in ASP.NET 1.1 application up to 3.5. Added a page abstract layer using UrlRewritingNet, an open source url rewriting tool, in order to create human and search engine friendly urls.
Client: US Motivation (November 2006 till July 2007), Position: Developer
- Consulted on, architected and developed a workflow designing windows application that allows a super-user with no programming knowledge to create Microsoft Windows Workflows (part of the .NET 3.0 framework), which are deployed and hosted on the latest release of SharePoint (SharePoint Services 3.0 and SharePoint Server 2007).
- From the application’s workflow design surface one can create from a template, edit, delete, build and publish workflows into SharePoint all with absolutely no code written by the end user.
Client: KingRealty, Inc. (November 2006 till January 2010), Position: Developer
- Maintained and extended the property maintenance web application for a full service industrial and commercial real estate brokerage firm in Atlanta, GA. Extended the application by editing the Html to OpenOffice DOM used for exporting printable reports. Also extended the database field audit and tombstone capabilities by implementing a custom CRUD data access block.
Client: Delta Pilot Mutual Aid (June 2006 till December 2009), Position: Architect and Developer
https://www.dpma.org/ (right click and view source to see signature)
- Architected, re-designed and developed a portal website for a non-profit organization which administers benefits to pilots on disabilities working for a large Airline company based out of Atlanta, GA. The portal maintains the accounting and billing information for the non-profit. Using the provider model to abstract the data source from code along with the well known 3 tier layer model the application was designed to be portable and also maintainable in future releases. Ajax functionality was added to the UI screens to improve postback latency.
Web Application Developer for Earthlink, Inc., Atlanta, GA. (July 2004 – April 2006)
- Created functional specifications during the blueprinting phase for EarthLink’s SAP CRM system migration.
- Designed and developed web application solutions for all Call Center-Related departments primarily using ASP.NET, VB.NET, and MS SQL Server 2000. Responsible for maintenance, upgrades, and modifications to the Intranet Portal System used by customer-facing Sales, Technical, and Customer Support departments.
- Worked closely with the Call Center Optimization Project Managers to document and improve requirements for these call center web applications.
Graduate Research Assistant for Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (August 2001 till December 2003)
- Designed and characterized the first valid “3D microgravity simulated cell culture system,” which will allow scientist to study, at a cellular level, the effects of zero gravity on a biological system here on Earth. This research provided some possible targets of therapeutic intervention to prevent or treat bone loss in patients with osteoporosis.
- Designed and developed a statistical database system that was able to accept high quantity of experimental data and export statistically significant results.
Engineering Intern for Montgomery Watson, Atlanta, GA and Nova Consulting, Coral Gables, FL (May 1998 till May 2001)
- As part of an EPA sanction given to the city of Atlanta to repair its overflowing sewers, I designed and implemented an access database that effectively diagnosed and graphically illustrated the problem/overflow areas in the sewer grid.
- Master of Science in Bioengineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (August 2001 – May 2004)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA (August 1999 - May 2001)